The purposes of the Group are:
- To establish channels for the education of members working with the SQL Server Database Management System and the communication of database related information to and from members of the Group.
- To conduct conferences, meetings, discussion groups, forums, panels, lectures, and other programs concerned with the development and exchange of information among members of the Group.
- To encourage and strengthen participation of all qualified users
- To promote the acceptance of SQL Server as a standard database technology.
- To encourage the development of SQL Server compatible products.
- To provide a forum for the promotion of excellence in information processing through the recognition of those individuals, who, judged by their peers, put forth the highest efforts and succeed in best utilizing SQL Server within their enterprises.
User Group Policy
The St. Louis SQL Server User Group (STLSSUG) is an organization of SQL Server users who network together to share, communicate and educate each other and the community on SQL Server products and services.
St. Louis SQL Server User Group will not assess any fees, dues, or other charges for any type of membership.
The Group shall not adopt any practice, policy or procedure that would result in discrimination on the basis of race, religion, or creed.
No part of the net earnings of the St. Louis SQL Server User Group shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, officers, or other private persons, except that the Group shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth herein.